Friday, July 15, 2011

More Volta School for the Deaf


We said our sad goodbyes today at the Volta school. It has been great to get to know a few of the really talented, amazing vocational students. I think we trainees are even more excited to visit our own sites, and meet our students, who we will work with for the next 2 years. Tomorrow, we head back to Kukurantumi at 6am, and then on to Bunso, where we will meet our 'counterparts' from our respective schools. I hear there is pizza in Bunso, and I might be ready to spend some serious Ghana cedi to eat some.

all gas should be happy

ants carrying a roach carcass up the wall (this is good evening entertainment here in Hohoe)

Bless, Fekbay (sp?), and Forgive wearing smocks made with Kente that they created (I love these guys--they are amazing, I will miss them)

deaf vocational students and Promise (the most fashionable woman in Ghana) and Scott outside of Promise's store
(the store will be called "Our Talking Hands")

the official opening of Promise's store

Forgive, spinning the thread onto the rack, preparing the thread for kente weaving

afternoon free time activities include jumprope, drumming, cartwheeling, etc.

afternoon volleyball (it turns out I'm terrible at volleyball--too much standing around waiting for the hard ball to hit my arm; reminds me of the dark days of junior high gym class)


(the other) Kate making knitting magic happen on campus

No comments:

Post a Comment